Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Two responses

In July of 2008, while visiting the Israeli town of Sderot, presidential candidate Barack Obama spoke of the many rocket attacks, from Gaza, that the town had been subjected to.

Mr. Obama said: "If somebody was sending rockets into my house where my two daughters sleep at night, I'm going to do everything in my power to stop that." He added: "And I would expect Israelis to do the same thing."

***********

An interview with Fareed Zakaria, the foreign affairs analyst and Newsweek columnist (and host of the Sunday CNN program "Fareed Zakaria: GPS"), was posted on CNN.com on Wed., January 7th.

Zakaria said: "Israel should end its campaign within a few days. It has achieved most of its major military goals."

In the interview, CNN asked Zakaria: Was Israel right to attack?

Zakaria: I think it was perfectly justified. No society could tolerate the continued rain of rockets falling on their civilian population...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/07/zakaria.gaza/index.html